Whew! It’s been a wild few weeks!
Just a few weeks ago I found out about WyoLum 2013 Innovation Grant and discovered that the AFRON 2013 Design Challenge had been extended. I then began a foolish feverish attempt to enter both challenges before their respective deadlines (12/31/2013 for the WyoLum Innovation Grant and 1/15/2014 for the AFRON Ultra Affordable Educational Robot challenge). I found it difficult to get the robot’s plastic part design and software to an acceptable point for submission for the WyoLum Grant and probably more difficult to get all the documentation in for the AFRON challenge since their challenge required so many parts – pictures, videos, putting on a robot building workshop.
If you’re interested in reading a LOT about the Tiny 3-axis CNC drawing robot, my entry into the AFRON 2013 Design Challenge is here. Between that page and the software user guide, I’ve written more than 11, 000 words and added 115 pictures and 5 videos.
If there was just one page on this entire site to teach you more than you ever wanted to know about how to build a tiny drawing robot (including what parts you could scavenge, where to find them, what parts you can substitute, how to wire up the robot, program it, and get it drawing) look no further.
- An Itty Bitty Drawing Robot
- Tiny CNC Drawing Robot - Cost Estimate
- How to Build a Tiny CNC Drawing Robot
- Better video of Tiny CNC Drawing Robot actually drawing
- Uses for a Tiny CNC Robot
- Tiny CNC - An Experiment in Commerce
- Tiny CNC - now a 3 Axis CNC!
- Tiny CNC Software Update
- How to Build a Tiny 3-Axis CNC Drawing Robot
- Tiny 3-Axis CNC Drawing Robot - Software Update and Design version 0.29 postmortem
- Competing Design Ideals in a Drawing Robot
- The Tiniest Drawing Robot Actually Draws!
- Robot Friends: Tiny CNC and the WaterColorBot
- Tiny Drawing Robot Gallery
- TinyCNC Drawing Robot Software User Guide
- Drawing Robot AFRON 2013 Design Challenge Entry
- Robot Challenge Marathon
- Drawing Robot In A Box
- Drawing By Numbers
- TinyCNC: Too Many Ideas
- TinyCNC - Working Keypad UI
- Don't let SkyNet win! Take this poll!
- Care and Feeding of Your TinyCNC Drawing Robot